Thursday 19 March 2015

Tick, tock, tick, tock

Why does it take so much longer to get fitness back than it takes to lose it in the first place?

Last September (before the latest of my series of crashes), I had increased my daily commute from the 15k round trip up to a much more fun and interesting on/off-road, hilly 50k.

Although I wasn't exactly fast, I was really enjoying it.

Over the last few weeks, I've started upping my commute again. I'm a long way from the 50k round trip I was riding in September, but I'm starting to build in some of the hilly, longer commuter-cross routes I was using back then.

And, you know what, they're much harder work than they were!

It's taking much longer to get my fitness back than I hoped, so it looks like I'm just going to have to be patient and keep building up my commuter-cross rides.

Good things come to those who wait….apparently

Jac
x

No comments: